About The Lux School
Each school is based on a specific enrichment area focused on encouraging themed exploration and engagement during a child's optimal cognitive development period.
Our campuses are intentionally unique in their approach to encouraging interests and problem-solving skill development.
We seek to illuminate pathways of learning by providing stimulating learning environments and enriching curriculum.
Our community is composed of young learners immersed in opportunities to form connections with their own understanding, peers and learning facilitators.
Care is available at The Lux School on a year-round basis. While we continue to educate our students all year, we add in-house field trips and experiences during the months of June and July.
Our school day is from 6:00am to 6:30 pm. Parents are asked to designate their child’s typical hours of attendance when they are enrolled. Our daily schedule is outlined as:
● 6:00am-8:30am Morning Care
● 8:30am-12:30pm Academic Supports
● 12:30pm-2:30pm Campus-wide Nap
● 2:30pm – 6:30pm Afternoon Enrichments
The Lux School will be closed on the following holidays each year:
- One week in August (August 2nd-6th) - Professional Development and State Inspections
- Labor Day (September 6th)
- Thanksgiving (November 25th)
- Day after Thanksgiving (November 26th)
- Christmas Eve (December 24th)
- Christmas Day (December 25th)
- New Year’s Eve (December 31st)
- New Year’s Day (January 1st)
- Two March Spring Break Days (Thursday and Friday of Alvin ISD Spring Break Week) (March 17th & 18th)
- Good Friday (April 22nd)
- Memorial Day (May 30th)
- Independence Day (July 4th)
* A calendar outlining these holidays will be available at the beginning of each school year.
The LUX School will make every effort to open on-time and remain open during normal business hours. However, emergencies such as sever weather, fires, or power failures may require the closing of the school. Generally, The LUX School's emergency and inclement weather closings will be consistent with that of Alvin Independent School District.
In the case of an emergency closure, parents will be notified of closures via email and the ProCare/KidReports text app. We will also request local radio and television stations to report closures. If closure begins during normal hours of operation, the LUX School faculty will continue care until parents are able to pick up their child.