About The Lux School
Each school is based on a specific enrichment area focused on encouraging themed exploration and engagement during a child's optimal cognitive development period.
Our campuses are intentionally unique in their approach to encouraging interests and problem-solving skill development.
We seek to illuminate pathways of learning by providing stimulating learning environments and enriching curriculum.
Our community is composed of young learners immersed in opportunities to form connections with their own understanding, peers and learning facilitators.
Care is available at The Lux School on a year-round basis. While we continue to educate our students all year, we add in-house field trips and experiences during the months of June and July.
Our school day is from 6:00am to 6:30 pm. Parents are asked to designate their child’s typical hours of attendance when they are enrolled. Our daily schedule is outlined as:
● 6:00am-8:30am Morning Care
● 8:30am-12:30pm Academic Supports
● 12:30pm-2:30pm Campus-wide Nap
● 2:30pm – 6:30pm Afternoon Enrichments
The Lux School will be closed on the following holidays each year:
- New Year’s Day (January 1, 2024)
- Martin Luther King Day (January 15, 2024)
- President’s Day (February 19, 2024)
- Two March Spring Break Days (Thursday and Friday of Alvin ISD Spring Break Week) (March 14th & 15th, 2024)
- Good Friday (March 29, 2024)
- Memorial Day (May 27, 2024)
- Independence Day (July 4, 2024)
- One week in August (July 29- August 3, 2024) -- Professional Development and State Inspections
- Labor Day (September 2, 2024)
- Fall Break (October 17th and 18th, 2024) - Subject to change, depending on Alvin ISD
- Thanksgiving Day (November 28, 2024)
- Day after Thanksgiving Day (November 29, 2024)
- Day before Christmas Day (December 24, 2024)
- Christmas Day (December 25, 2024)
- Day after Christmas Day (December 26, 2024)
* A calendar outlining these holidays will be available at the beginning of each school year.
The LUX School will make every effort to open on-time and remain open during normal business hours. However, emergencies such as sever weather, fires, or power failures may require the closing of the school. Generally, The LUX School's emergency and inclement weather closings will be consistent with that of Alvin Independent School District.
In the case of an emergency closure, parents will be notified of closures via email and the ProCare/KidReports text app. We will also request local radio and television stations to report closures. If closure begins during normal hours of operation, the LUX School faculty will continue care until parents are able to pick up their child.